Tampa, St. Petersburg/Clearwater

Personal Injury & Auto Accident Attorney

If you have been the driver, passenger or a pedestrian who has been involved in an auto accident, it can be very traumatic. For example, at the scene of the accident you can feel overwhelmed with fear, and you may be uncertain about what to do and find it difficult to concentrate if you are in pain. You may be concerned about some of the following things: paying for the medical bills, fixing your damaged vehicle, getting paid for loss time from work, having enough money to take care of yourself and your family, and other thoughts may come into your mind. Attorney Amy Bellhorn wants you to spend your time focusing on your healing after you have been injured in an auto accident, and she is available to talk with you about the accident for a FREE consultation, and you may contact us by filling out our online form or call us at (727) 822-7121. We represent people in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, Sarasota and Manatee Counties as well as surrounding counties throughout the State of Florida on personal injury and auto accident cases.

After a car accident you may have the following questions:

What Should I do Immediately After Being Involved in a Car Accident?

First of all, you should call 9-1-1. It is extremely important to have proof of the accident, and they will investigate the scene of the accident. Also you should ask for an ambulance and seek immediate medical attention if you feel you have sustained any injury and/or feeling pain. At the scene of the accident, it is important for you to get the following information: auto insurance information from each driver of vehicles involved, the full names and addresses of each driver and passenger of the vehicles involved, and full names and addresses of all witnesses.

After you are safe and have sought medical attention, if needed, you should contact your auto insurance company, and they’ll ask you questions about the auto accident. You are under a duty to provide information on a timely basis to your auto insurance company, even if you did not cause the accident. Some auto insurance company’s want to take a recorded statement from you about what took place during the accident, your injuries and other information. It is important for you to contact an attorney before providing a recorded statement to an insurance company.

I Have Injuries From a Car Accident, How Much Money Are They Worth?

First of all, it is important to seek medical treatment as soon as possible following the accident to have your injuries documented. You should inform the doctor of the following: description of the accident, past injuries and health conditions, location of pain and any symptoms related to it from the accident (including if you feel dizzy, nausea, anxiety, nightmares or flashbacks from the accident, and other changes you notice that are abnormal for you).

Under Florida law it requires car owners to carry a minimum amount of insurance on their vehicle. However, some car owners do not have the necessary insurance to properly cover a potential claim for injuries to themselves or others.

In assessing the value of a case, liability (who was at fault in the accident and the amount or percentage at fault is the person; this can be a complex issue or very simple). Overall and generally, depending upon the amount of liability and what insurance coverage is available to the person involved in the accident and depending upon the injuries sustained as a result of the accident, they may be entitled to the following: medical bills paid, lost wages reimbursed, money for future medical bills, money for pain and suffering, and money for future medical bills. There are a number of factors that are involved in determining the value of a person’s case.

Our firm understands how difficult this time can be in your life and the uncertainty that it may bring you. We are available to assist you with each step of the process, answer your questions and allow you to focus on your healing. For a FREE consultation, you may fill out the online form or call us at (727) 822-7121. Our firm represents people in Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Sarasota and Polk Counties and surrounding counties in the State of Florida.